Frequently asked questions
WE ARE OPEN
Saturday and Sunday Closed
We at the Lodi Chiropractic Clinic and Elysian Massage take our designation as essential health care in this time of need seriously and will remain OPEN to support the community we love. In remaining open, it is our goal to help with non-COVID-19 related health concerns and lessen the burden placed on those healthcare providers fighting on the COVID-19 front lines. (Because lets be honest... just because the coronavirus put our lives on hold, does not mean it also put issues like migraines, dizziness, numbness, tingling, sciatica, etc. on hold) If you are suffering from something and need help, we encourage you to reach out to us! That way, we can let our colleagues in hospitals and medical facilities focus solely on helping the world heal from COVID-19, and we can help you heal and stay healthy. As always the health and safety of our community is our #1 priority so in addition to our existing hygiene policies we are following with the recommended COVID-19 protocols and keeping up to date with the ever-evolving changes as new research arrives. For our current practice members, we can set up phone consults for those choosing to stay at home. As always, thank you for trusting us with your health and well being. It’s an honor to help ensure you and your family stay healthy during this crisis.
Extra Safety Guidelines
1) Hours will stay the same however we will be practicing “appointment distancing”. This means office staff will be arranging appointments so that fewer people are in the office at any one time. Walk-ins are still welcome as long as you are able to answer "no" to all the health screening survey questions (see below) . If you believe you are “coming down with something” please call ahead of time and allow us to schedule you for an appropriate time.
2) As you know your visits here are quick. So if you walk in and see someone else waiting in the waiting room please feel free to wait in your car or weather permitting on the front porch in the fresh air outside until someone leaves.
3) In addition to our current hygiene policies, office staff will be sanatizing all tools, tables and surfaces after each visit.
4) We will be keeping disinfecting spray next to the table. If you feel the need please feel free to grab a bottle of disinfecting spray and disinfect yourself as well.
5) If you are feeling sick please call or email and we will discuss scheduling an appointment or phone consult.
6) If you are 65 and older or have a compromised immune system please contact the office by phone or email to discuss scheduling an appointment during a specified time or a phone consult.
You may be asking, why would a chiropractor be essential during a crisis that has to do with a virus? Most people think chiropractic is all about neck and back pain but chiropractic is actually all about the health of your nervous system. The relief of aches and pains is just an added bonus! The reason this is essential during this time is because your nervous system controls and coordinates EVERY system in your body INCLUDING your IMMUNE SYSTEM. During any time of stress (especially times of high stress as we are in now) your nervous system does not function as it should to help keep you healthy. As many of you already know chiropractic adjustments actually have positive effects on the brain leading to lowered stress on the nervous system thus leading to improved immune function and health. This is a great defense against not only, Coronavirus but any virus!
Health Screening Survey
1. Have you been exposed to COVID-19 or do you believe that you have? □Yes □No
2. Have you had a temperature higher that 98.6 degrees fahrenheit in the past 24 hours? □Yes □No
3. Please check any of the following symptoms you (or other members of your family that also have an appointment) are currently expressing:
□ Shortness of breath □ Productive Cough □ Non-Productive Cough
□ Bronchitis □ Respiratory infection □ Sore throat
□ Fever □ Nausea □ Vomiting
□ Diarrhea □ Severe fatigue (not related with travel)
4. Have you traveled to or from a high-risk geographic area in the past 14 days? □ Yes □No